Monday, November 24, 2008

Sunflower by Ness


Sunflower by Ness, originally uploaded by The Mad Stitcher.

I received my first stitched piece for my Friendship Quilt from Ness in MN. It is so beautiful and from her note I know that she spent a lot of effort choosing just the right design, fabric, and colors for me. She has graciously allowed me to share what she wrote in her note to me. (All the notes are going to go in a scrapbook with the quilt.)

Her note reads:

Dear Kathy,

I hope you like this square for your quilt. It's from the Garden Alphabet freebie by Ellen Maurer-Stroh. I picked "S" for Stormy, as I've thought of you w/ that nickname since the old TWBB. The sunflower reminded me of your sunny pic (smiling blonde). I chose opalescent fabbie because I know you like it's sparklies. (I do, too!)


Best Wishes,
Ness

Thank you, Ness! I do appreciate your time and your thoughtfulness in stitching this for me.

No comments: